- This event has passed.
Touch. Tease. Strip. – A Burlesque Workshop
October 19, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm EDT$25
Explore power, pleasure and play in a sensual and provocative burlesque workshop with international burlesque teacher Shay Au Lait.
Exploring our sense of touch and the art of striptease, we will explore soulful and intentional movement. Everyone is welcome and no experience is necessary.
Together we explore classic and modern genres of burlesque movement and archetypes, working with props, clothing and our own bodies. Indulge in your own self-expression, confidence, and power. Find the extravagant, dramatic and emotional range of your storytelling, striptease, and subtext through erotic embodiment and energy play.
This workshop incorporates floor work, striptease, props, chair dance, and/or lap dance.
Class attire should be comfortable, sensual and layered. Throughout the class, we incorporate our clothing into our movement. You can wear your favorite intimates and lingerie, athleisure wear, yoga wear or full costumes. Bring options! For extra inspiration, think “Flash Dance” meets “Moulin Rouge. “What to Bring to a Burlesque Striptease Class” offers a complete detailed list of suggestions for class.
- Bra, Panties/Boxers (Underwear)
- Bottoms (booty shorts, leggings, tights, skirt)
- Top (t-shirt, blouse, tank, corset, dress)
- Accessories (garter, garter belt, knee pads, leg warmers, knee-high socks, wig)
- Journal and Writing utensil (classes are interactive and immersive. Activities, including writing prompts, will be workshopped)
- Face Towel
- Classic Burlesque Accessories* (elbow-length satin gloves, full-length boas, pasties, tassels, and fans.). *This is optional